Are you an experienced attorney seeking an intellectually stimulating practice without big firm politics?
Edelson Lechtzin LLP is a rapidly growing, innovative law firm, and we are looking for attorneys who share our passion for complex litigation and entrepreneurial spirit.
Associate Attorney (2-6 years)
Edelson Lechtzin is currently seeking an associate attorney with 2-6 years of class action litigation experience.
- Investigate potential new class action cases involving antitrust law, ERISA, FLSA, and the federal securities laws
- Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of all the facts in each case that is assigned
- Review, summarize, and highlight evidence gathered from documents
- Research legal issues using Westlaw
- Conduct all phases of civil discovery, including drafting written discovery requests, and preparing for and conducting depositions
- Draft briefs, memoranda, and other legal documents
- Assist senior attorneys in preparing for hearings, trials, and depositions
- Identify, select and prepare expert witnesses
Requirements and Qualifications.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- 2-5 years’ class action litigation experience strongly preferred
- Pennsylvania, New York, or California bar admission preferred
- Highly accomplished academic and employment credentials
- Exceptional analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Superior writing, drafting, and oral advocacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with a high level of initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Ability to work independently, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain focus and composure in stressful situations
- Manage highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
We currently do not have any open positions.
Please email your application including an attached resume and cover letter to:
Eric Lechtzin, Partner
EDELSON LECHTZIN LLP
3 Terry Drive, Suite 205, Newtown, PA 18940
Email: [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Edelson Lechtzin is committed to a policy of providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all persons in employment. It is the policy of the firm that all qualified applicants for employment will be recruited, hired, and assigned on the basis of merit without regard to race, creed, color, gender, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. The employment policies and practices of the firm have, and will continue, to ensure that all qualified employees are treated equally with no discrimination in recruitment, placement, compensation, opportunities for advancement, training, demotion, termination, layoff recall, employee benefits, discipline and participation in all Edelson Lechtzin-sponsored employee activities.